Lamikhov Yuriy Borisovich, Postgraduate student, Saratov State University (83 Astrakhanskaya street, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Antonova Ol'ga Gennad'evna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of history, theory and applied sociology, Saratov State University (83 Astrakhanskaya street, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The article reveals the essence and content of theoretical approaches to the study of the phenomenon of labor motivation, their place in sociological theory. The purpose of the study is a theoretical analysis of the problem of labor motivation through the prism of the knowledge of the classics of sociology.
Materials and methods. The study and analysis of classical and modern scientific literature on this subject, publications of domestic and foreign authors, materials reference and periodicals.
Results. A conceptual analysis of labor motivation reveals this process as a system of measures that encourage a person to be active in an enterprise. Reflection of the basic concepts associated with the theme of labor motivation, from the position of sociological theories, allowed us to identify the main activities aimed at the formation of this phenomenon. We are talking about a motivation system that provides an increase in the remuneration of workers and productivity growth, as well as various social programs that provide employees and their families with additional social guarantees. In addition, the corporate culture provides social stability and a favorable environment in the workforce, being a form of motivation for employees.
Conclusions. Analysis of the problem of labor motivation through the prism of the existing approaches of classical sociology makes it possible to examine this phenomenon from the position of macro and micro levels, to trace the change of priorities of specific forms of labor motivation in different historical periods.
1. Skvortsov V., Maklakova E. Vestnik LGU im. A. S. Pushkina [Bulletin of LSU named after A. S. Pushkin]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 54–55.
2. Tatenov M., Tatenova M. Simvol nauki [The symbol of science]. 2016, no. 8-2, p. 108.
3. Teylor F. Printsipy nauchnogo menedzhmenta [Principles of scientific management]. Moscow: Kontrolling, 1991, 104 p.
4. Ford G. Moya zhizn', moi dostizheniya [My life, my achievements]. Moscow: Finansy i statistika, 1989, 206 p.
5. Burganova L. A., Savkina E. G. Elton Meyo: teoretik i praktik upravleniya: monografiya [Elton Meya: a theoretical and practical manager: monograph]. Moscow: Infra-M, 2012, 111 p.
6. Meyo E. Sotsial'nye problemy industrial'noy tsivilizatsii [Social problems of the industrial civilization]. Moscow: Institut psikhologii RAN, 2000, 315 p.
7. Tagibova A. A. Obshchestvo: sotsiologiya, psikhologiya, pedagogika [Society: sociology, psychology, pedagogy]. 2016, no. 9, p. 98.
8. Matrosov T. A. Nauchnyy vestnik Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta grazhdanskoy aviatsii [Scientific bulletin of Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation]. 2006, no. 101.
9. Radaev V. Rossiyskiy ekonomicheskiy zhurnal [Russian economic journal]. 1995, no. 3, p. 90.
10. Antonova O. G. Nekotorye problemy sotsial'no-politicheskogo razvitiya sovremennogo rossiyskogo obshchestva: sb. nauch. tr. [Some problems of sociopolitical development of modern Russian society: collected papers]. Issue. 11. Saratov: Izd-vo Sarat. un-ta,
2004, pp. 179–181.
11. Herzberg F., Mausner V., Snyderman B. B. The motivation to work. New York, 1959.
12. Merton R. K. Amerikanskaya sotsiologicheskaya mysl': teksty [American sociological conception: works]. Moscow: Izd-vo MGU, 1994.
13. Bagirova I. Kh. Problemy sovremennoy ekonomiki: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch. konf. (g. Chelyabinsk, dekabr' 2011 g.) [Problems of modern economics: proceedings of an International scientific conference (Chelyzbinsk, December 2011)]. Chelyabinsk:
Dva komsomol'tsa, 2011, pp. 110–115.
14. Veber M. Sotsiologicheskoe obozrenie [Sociological reveiw]. 2008, vol. 7, no. 2, p. 91.
15. Berger P., Lukman T. Sotsial'noe konstruirovanie real'nosti [Social construction of reality]. Available at: http://www.evolkov.net/soc.psychol/Berger.P.Luckmann.T/chapter.1.html (accessed Sept. 12, 2017).